Thursday, December 29, 2011

maybe not...

Okay, so I got too excited or simply misunderstood my communication with Dr. Mayo's office.  I was originally told that if I was accepted as a referral then I would come down on a Tuesday or Thursday for the consult and pre-op appointment. Then my surgery would be the next day... So when the lady from Dr. Mayo's office called to schedule my appt - I assumed that meant I was given the green light for surgery. This MAY NOT be the case...

She called today and said she had talked to the Dr. and he stated that he would need to take new x-rays when I come down in February and that would determine whether or not I would have the surgery, but I wouldn't know until then. This has two determining factors: 1 - that the films show that I absolutely need the surgery and 2 - that there isn't so much damage that this surgery is not appropriate.

I am a little unnerved about flying down on an "unknown." There has got to be some indication on the x-rays that I already have that the surgery is warranted. I mean, come on, I can't really just fly down there to chat with the man and go over my history that is already in my file along with fairly current x-rays. I know he will likely do his own but he should be able to tell me something based on what I have already, right???!!!??

So I don't know. I am still going to go. Plan on the worst and hope for the best, right? I just don't know what is best anymore. I am living with a good amount of pain daily. So to go down there and hear that it isn't very bad and I don't need this surgery right now... that wouldn't be GOOD news. Then I would still be suck here, like I am now, with no relief in sight. I NEED next step - a productive next step.

sigh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment