Wednesday, December 7, 2011

yoga pants - a love/hate relationship

There comes a point in my day when I have decided that I am no longer caring how professional I look. I want nothing more than to rip on my slacks and put on my yoga pants. One reason for this... since stopping running (and not stopping eating) the number on my scale, staring back me, gets larger each week and my yoga pants FEEL nicer than my less forgiving work pants (and they are just so darn comfy).

So, the first thing I do when I get home? I run hobble to my room and grab a pair and sit on the edge of the bed (because I can no longer bend over to put them on) and start with the left leg. I can still bend that one. So the left leg goes in and I sit and stare for a moment at the bulk of fabric hanging off my left leg and use my mind to try and WILL it onto my right leg.

This does not work.

So I sigh and, with a profound lack of coordination, I hook the waist opening on my right foot. Then, I try and shimmy my foot farther into the leg whole until the fabric covers it. It is at this point I attempt to wiggle the once-thought-comfy fabric closer to my knee. Somehow, my foot appears to be a lifeless appendage at this point and only interferes with my ability to put these pants on. So I stand. This part I hate because the act of standing hurts but then it evolves into the act of balancing, which also hurts. So, here I am, still trying to stop snagging the freakin over-forgiving fabric (that acts like a dang slinky) up the rest of my leg. Come on!!!!  I get it on. Okay, good. So I am finally comfortable. I grab my microwave, clay - heating pack and sit on the couch or bed (whichever has less junk piling up on it) and elevate my legs up and recline back while the warmth attempts to soothe my aching hip....

And as I lay there. Finally feeling less pain and more comfort, which I love. However, in my warm comfort loving state...The thought still runs through my head... that if I was still able to run, the scale issue, which requires the yoga pant issue, which requires the pain and struggle issue, would be long forgotten. And I hate that.



No comments:

Post a Comment