Thursday, March 22, 2012

spring breakin' it

**So I started this post last week but never actually hit publish.... hmmm. I will post it now just for memories sake!

This week has been Spring Break from work...  Another five days off from work... YAY! right!

Except that we usually do a bunch of fun stuff. Which we still... tried... I was game to try and get some fun out of this break! So I partipicated with as much (and actually probably more than I should have).

We started the break off at our cabin! It was awesome - sunny and the temps have started to warm up into the 30s during the day. We watched the kids race their machines, we hung out, and we fished. It was good couple days.

Then - our friends invited us out to their cabin at Red Shirt Lake (and by their cabin I mean a state public use cabin). That was an outing for the books! It was a 9 mile snowmachine ride in to the cabin (18 miles roundtrip). Lil guy's snowmachine busted a chain about 2 miles in so we hid it in the woods. The girl jumped on the sled we were towing and he drove her machine. The trail was crazy bumpy and my hip screamed at me the whole way (and for several days after). On the way back out we helped them pack out and we were all loaded up. We had 2 adult snow machines, two kid machines, one 6-wheeler with tracks and one 4-wheeler. We packed out 7 adults, 7 kids, two dogs and probably 80% of their gear!!! It was quite the site! Lil guy was such a trooper. Drove his sister's machine all the way in, rode it all over the lake while we were there and drove it back.... well.... until he fell asleep!!!!

Yes, my 4-year-old fell asleep while driving a snowmachine and leaned forward just enough to keep the throttle pressed and drive in a straight line. I was watching him and told the Mr. that he was nodding off. I got the "he's fine" a couple times until I noticed that his eyes weren't opening back up. We yelled to him a couple times and.... nothing. So we had to slow down and get alongside him to wake him up without scaring him off the trail. We did and stopped for a bit to make sure he was awake enough for the last 3-5 minutes of the ride into the parking lot. He promptly fell asleep in his carseat.

It was a great week ending with even more nice weather and snowmachine races but my hip is sooooooo over it!

Here are some pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment