Saturday, March 3, 2012

nothing says love like a craigslist hospital bed

So... me and the Mr., we haven't talked to in depth about this surgery.

This is slightly unnerving considering the gravity that I feel comes along with intentionally breaking your pelvis and hoping that the bone grows in where you want it in order to regain proper functioning of your hip. You know, for those of us that are fond of the following: walking, sitting, sleeping, and well, and life in general...

I can't decide if he doesn't want to talk about it because he doesn't think I need it (overreacting) or because he is just as scared as me but doesn't want to admit it.

Today he called me at work to let me know he found a hospital bed on craigslist - free. I don't actually know if insurance will cover it and I had mentioned that we needed to keep our eyes open.

I told him I didn't want anyone's death bed... I didn't care if it was free and did not mind at all to pay a pretty decent amount of money to make sure of this. Well apparently it was a bed in a training facility for assisted living. It was placed in a role-play room for people to train and practice the skills necessary to work with the medically fragile.

And apparently it is a beast. Several hundred pounds... all electric... took 4 adult men to get it out of the building it was housed in. I appreciate all their help!!!! One less thing to worry about. And the Mr. seems happy that we have secured this (checkmark #1), that it was free, and that he has the chance of making money selling it after I am released to move about again!

So we may not talk about it but at least I know he is thinking about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment