Tuesday, June 12, 2012

calm before the storm.

My surgery is in less than 12 hours now. I finished all my pre-op appointments, spent some time in a hot tub and am sitting in a hotel room. I am anxious, don't get me wrong, but right now... I feel fairly calm. I was a hot mess of nerves this afternoon and I know I have been snapping at mom, the Mr. and the kiddos - I hate that, but can't shake the 'on-edge' feeling. Right now I don't even know to actually write out how I am feeling. Partially - I am terrified. I have spent the better part of year wanting this fixed, the last six months talking myself into it... and now here I am. Dr. Mayo walked in smiling - I felt comfortable right away. He even joked about me turning and running and trust me, I wanted to. I still do. I told him that he really shouldn't let me have an out. I also got to meet a fellow hip chick, Tessa. It was fairly comforting to meet her even with some of the "out of the norm" stuff she had with her PAO. So officially... tomorrow I will be having a periacetabular osteotomy, labral repair/debridement, and a femoral neck resurfacing... Yikes. Alright... off to wipe myself down with weird antiseptic wipes and not get to use lotion, deodorant or make-up. I will be sticky, smelly and barefaced. Otherwise... though, I feel fairly calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment