Sunday, May 6, 2012

scared

I am starting to get scared... not just, I have a bad hip and need to do someting about it scared but... I think my hip is so messed up and the details of surgery are starting to get to me.

Let's face it... I am terrified. I have had one surgery in my life. It was exploratory laproscoptic surgery to look for or rule out endometriosious. That sucked and it hurt but to be honest... the worst I felt was when I tried to leave (day surgery) and almost passed out in the elevator and had to be wheeled back up for a couple hours.

This time, I know I will be in the hospital for at least 5-7 days so... I may as well get comfortable as soon as I wake up from general right? My mister, my mom and my kiddos will be RIGHT there and I have several close friends and family that will also be RIGHT THERE when I get back to help keep me company (as well as the Mr. and my mom + kiddos). So I guess we will see how it goes...

I get to meet an amazingly brilliant, well experienced, woman the week of my surgery. I met Tessa on a hip girl support board and she has made a huge difference in how I see this surgery and myself in it. She is having her second PAO done 2 days before mine by the same doctor... Amazing huh? So, if all goes well - she will be meeting me at my worst - right after my first surgery!!! But it is kinda cool to be so close to another Hip Chick and having the same surgery by the same doctor... She has already said that she will secure the cute Drs or nurses for our shifts!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment